About Chapman University
Founded in 1861, Chapman University is a nationally-ranked private university in Orange, California, about 30 miles south of Los Angeles. Chapman serves nearly 9,000 undergraduate and graduate students, with a 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio. Students can choose from 110 areas of study within 11 colleges.
Chapman is categorized by the Carnegie Classification as an R2 “high research activity” institution. The campus has produced a Rhodes Scholar, been named a top producer of Fulbright Scholars and hosts a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s oldest and most prestigious honor society. Chapman also includes the Harry and Diane Rinker Health Science Campus in Irvine.
The University features one of the top 10 film schools in the world, a top 10 U.S. law school, and recently opened the Fowler School of Engineering, in its newest facility, Keck Center for Science and Engineering.
Our students come from 82 countries around the world and the richness of all the experiences make our university better. About 20% of students are first generation college students and 40% identify as people of color. More than 80% of all Chapman University students receive some type of financial aid. The average amount of aid is about $22,000.
- #124 (tied) in in the National Universities group, an elevated category that includes 399 of the leading private and public research universities across the United States, from Princeton and Harvard to UCLA and UC Berkeley – U.S. News and World Report
- #73 in the U.S. – Argyros School of Business and Economics – Bloomberg Businessweek
- #39 (tied) for best undergraduate in teaching – U.S. News & World Report
- #6 of the Top American Film Schools, Dodge College of Film and Media Arts – The Hollywood Reporter
- #4 of Top 50 Film Schools of 2020 – The Wrap
- #86 (tied) in Best Colleges for Veterans – U.S. News and World Report
- Top 10 law schools, Fowler School of Law, best quality of life colleges – The Princeton Review
- The Princeton Review lists Chapman in its 378 Best Colleges guide
- The Templeton Foundation included Chapman in its Honor Roll for Character Building Colleges
- #134 in best law schools category, Dale E. Fowler School of Law – U.S. News & World Report
- #77 in best business schools category, Argyros School – U.S. News & World Report
- #92 in best speech-language pathology programs, the M.S. in Communication Sciences Disorders at Crean College – U.S. News & World Report
- #97 in best physical therapy programs, Doctorate in Physical Therapy at Crean College – U.S. News & World Report
- #99 in best pharmacy schools, School of Pharmacy – U.S. News & World Report